Greenbrier Games Inc.
Based in Marlborough, MA (USA)
Step into the shoes of a hero that has been bashed and tortured by one or more of the four gangs in the game. You win by building up your hero, scouting gang dens to find the baddies who wronged you, then taking bloody revenge through action-packed fight sequences made up of dice based puzzles.
Vengeance alternates between montage turns and fight turns. In montage turns, players heal and upgrade their heroes through new abilities and items. They also go out scouting gang dens to find the bosses who wronged them and take revenge on them in the fight turn.
The fight turn is the heart of the game. Players pick one of the scouted gang dens containing a boss who has wronged them and burst into the gang den to exact bloody revenge. Players gain VPs for killing the boss, clearing the den from all the minions or, for maximum points, both. Players have three turns to do this and get out of the den in one piece.
Fights are basically dice-based puzzles. In each round of the fight, players roll a set of dice and decide the order in which they play the rolled results. Upgrade skills and items allow players to swap die-results for others or string together a number of results to perform enemy-slapping combos. Upgrades thus work towards mitigating the luck of the die-roll, giving players more control over their Fight actions.
Players score points by killing bosses who wronged them, i.e., matching the figure on their vengeance card with one of the face down Boss cards attached to each den and/or by clearing all minions of a gang which matches the color of a vengeance card they have in play.
At the end of the game players also score bonus victory points through three mission cards in play.
- The game starts off with The Wronging.
- Montage turns use a blend of dice drafting and hidden card selection to allow the heroes to heal, upgrade their characters' skills and items and scout out the gang dens that make up the game board.
- Fight turns see heroes bursting into the dens where the bosses that wronged them are hiding and attempt to take out the boss, and possibly clear out the den from the gang's minions altogether. The more badly wronged the hero was by the boss in question the more victory points they will score for taking them out. The game is won by the player that scores most victory points by killing bosses, clearing dens from minions and scoring additional points based on end-game conditions.
- Player Count: 2 - 4 (+1 player per Gang Pack)
- Time: 30 mins per player (actual)
- Category: Fighting, Dice, Miniatures, Puzzle
- Mechanics: Set Collection, Variable Player Powers, Dice Rolling, Modular Board, Area Movement.
Vengeance Kickstarter Video YouTube
Vengeance Montage Gameplay by Rahdo YouTube
Vengeance Review by UndeadVikingVideos YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Vengeance. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
SizePDFs & Documents
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Take your favourite revenge movie and crank the action-dial up a few notches! mighty-boards.com.
B.G.G. game profile boardgamegeek.com.
About Greenbrier Games Inc.
Greenbrier Games, an independent game company based out of Marlborough, MA, is a small team of tabletop games designers and publishers headed up by Jeff Gracia. The company has expanded from their original goal of game design to game publishing, miniatures design, and taking on games in a variety of tabletop styles that all have one common factor; they’re fun to play.
More information on Greenbrier Games Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Greenbrier Games Inc.
Titan Forge Games