Greenbrier Games Inc.
Based in Marlborough, MA (USA)
Folklore The Affliction
You move carefully through the stone hallway, lit only by a patch of moonlight and the smoldering stump of a torch in your hand. Sweat drips from your forehead – if you make a sound, it could be your last. Somewhere in this estate hides a creature who is neither living nor dead, who drinks the cherry blood of his guests, and whose gaze warps the mind of all who meet it. You clutch the wooden spike tightly to your chest, your pounding heart daring you to drop it. Finally, you find the door that leads to the master bedroom. You hold your breath, savoring it as you reach for the cold iron knob...
Folklore: The Affliction is an adventure board game for 1-5 players, in which your characters progress through a series of stories in their quest to rid the land of evil. Every story is broken into chapters, allowing players to control the length of each game session. Most chapters take 45-60 minutes to complete.
Become one of six unique characters, increasing in knowledge and skill as you embark on a frightful journey to save the world of Folklore from the horrors that plague it. Will you survive the adventure that awaits? Will your courage falter and your friends fail you? Or will you become legends? Open and find out…
- A cooperative campaign requiring no game master (including solo play).
- Six stories with multiple paths and endings – over 13 hours of replayable content!
- Customize your character with an archetype, focus, and branching paths.
- Unlock abilities, prayers, and rituals for defeating challenges both in and out of combat.
- Discover over a 100 unique items, equipment, and ancient artifacts to aid in your quest.
- Beautifully rendered double-sided terrain maps, 35 highly detailed miniatures, and hundreds of gorgeous illustrations!
Daily Game Unboxing - February 17, 2018 (Tom Vasel) YouTube
Folklore: The Affliction review - with Tim Jennette (The Dice Tower) YouTube
Gencon Bonanza 2017: Folklore The Affliction Interview (Bower's Game Corner) YouTube
GenCon 50 - Folklore Board Game (Board to Death Reviews) YouTube
Folklore: The Affliction Unboxing and Demo (By Greenbrier Games) YouTube
This Week @ TEGG Episode Fifteen: 07 August, 2017 (The Ed Greenwood Group) YouTube
Folklore: The Affliction Encounter Combat Game Play Preview (By Greenbrier Games) YouTube
Folklore: The Affliction Promo Video YouTube
Folklore: The Affliction Review (UndeadVikingVideos) YouTube
Bower's Game Corner: Folklore: The Affliction Preview YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Folklore The Affliction. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
SizePDFs & Documents
- (943.06kB)FL01 - Character Booklets (11x8.5in)(PnP)(core).pdf
- (2.01MB)FL01 - Folklore Keywords (8.5x11in).pdf
- (3.77MB)FL01 - Reference Sheet large(4x6in).pdf
- (95.24MB)FL01 - Rulebook (8.5x11in) web-2017-04-11.pdf
- (119.66MB)FL01 - Rulebook (8.5x11in) web-2017-06-19.pdf
- (1.25MB)FL02 - Character Booklets (11x8.5in)(PnP)(dark-tales).pdf
- (1.19MB)FL02 - Dungeon Crawl Rules (Print Friendly)(8.5x11in).pdf
- (172.33kB)FL10 - Encounter-Session pad large(6x4in).pdf
- (1.27MB)FL11 - Character Sheet Solo(11x8.5in).pdf
- (104.48kB)FL11 - Character pad large(6x4in).pdf
- (120.00B)FL14 - Demons & Dark Artifacts PDF Story(5.5x8.5in - original)(Dropbox redirection).url
- (131.00B)FL14 - Demons & Dark Artifacts PDF Story(8.5x11in)(Dropbox redirection).url
- (130.00B)FL23 - Adventure Creation Kit (Dropbox redirection zip archive).url
- (163.00B)FL23 - Adventure Creation Kit+Community Content (Dropbox redirection).url
- (130.00B)FL28 - Aftermath PDF Story (Dropbox redirection).url
- (127.13MB)FL31 - Rulebook (8.5x11in)(2nd Edition).pdf
- (46.95MB)FLXX - Painting Guide (8.5x11in).pdf
- (5.31MB)FLXX - status-token 5-players-worth(8.5x11in) PnP.pdf
- (135.97MB)FLXX Folklore PnP.zip
- (2.36MB)Storybook-Preview (8.5x11in).pdf
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
PledgeManager for Folklore: The Affliction (2nd Printing)!
If you missed our campaign, don't dismay! Just choose an available bundle by clicking this link (Closes End of April/May 2018). greenbriergames.com.
Folklore: The Affliction (Kicktraq)
Kickstarter Campaign Trending site. kicktraq.com.
Folklore: The Affliction (Kickstarter)
Face your fear, bring your faith, fight your nightmares! Build your character and embark on a dark fantasy RPG board game adventure. kickstarter.com.
Twin Fire Games (Twitter)
Twitter account from the creators of Folklore. twitter.com.
Twin Fire Games (Facebook)
Facebook account from the creators of Folklore. facebook.com.
About Greenbrier Games Inc.
Greenbrier Games, an independent game company based out of Marlborough, MA, is a small team of tabletop games designers and publishers headed up by Jeff Gracia. The company has expanded from their original goal of game design to game publishing, miniatures design, and taking on games in a variety of tabletop styles that all have one common factor; they’re fun to play.
More information on Greenbrier Games Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Folklore The Affliction Credits
Twin Fire Games.
Greenbrier Games Inc.